Welcome to the James Hart National Junior Honor Society!
James Hart NJHS Inducts 56 into Class of 2021 during Ceremony, April 27, 2021
National Junior Honor Society-James Hart Chapter
The purpose of the National Junior Honor Society is to recognize and foster academic achievement while developing other characteristics essential to citizens in a democracy. Through society service activities, the members maintain and extend the qualities of service, leadership, scholarship, citizenship, and character, which win them selection. Membership is both an honor and an obligation.
Students with an overall G.P.A. of 3.75 after the second trimester of seventh grade receive invitations to apply for membership. The Faculty Advisory Committee then evaluates students who complete the membership forms using the following criteria:
- Scholarship – 3.75 or above G.P.A. This is cumulative and begins in 6th grade.
- Character – received high rankings on faculty evaluation sheets and a recommendation from an adult who is not a parent, guardian, or teacher.
- Service – participated in at least three school and community service activities combined.
- Leadership – served as elected officer of a community or service group, or as a member of three such groups.
- Citizenship – no major discipline problems while at James Hart. Students must be at James Hart for a minimum of two consecutive trimesters in order to be considered.
Students selected for membership are inducted at a ceremony in the third trimester.
Students may become eligible to apply for membership at the end of the second trimester of their eighth grade year if they did not achieve membership status as seventh graders. All requirements for membership are the same as above. Students must maintain a G.P.A. of 3.75 and meet all other membership requirements to stay active in NJHS.