Welcome to Mrs. Gnatt's Class
My name is Mrs. Karen Gnatt and this will be my 16th year teaching in Homewood School District 153. I graduated from Eastern Illinois University with a Bachelor of Arts in Speech Communication and received my Masters Degree in Education from St. Xavier University. I have a middle school endorsement in Language Arts and Social Sciences. I am the sponsor of the Interact Club, a student club which works with the Homewood Rotarians on community service projects that benefit our school, community and the world. I am married and live in St. John, IN. I have two kids - Lauren 14 and Logan 10.
This is an awesome school district with extremely caring and dedicated parents, teachers and administrators. I am so excited to be starting my 3rd year teaching 6th grade at James Hart School.
My goal for this year includes:
- Helping students achieve their personal academic goals.
- Help your child to be organized and prepared to learn each day.
- Encourage everyone to be respectful and kind towards others (students, staff, guest teachers).
- Promote creative and critical thinking skills in a safe and clean learning environment.
- Teach students how to work well with others and accomplish assignments cooperatively.
- Encourage your child to join clubs or activities at James Hart - try something new!
I promise to work hard to achieve these goals and I will do my best to treat your child as my own. I need your support and commitment and together we will have a great school year. Please reach out to me via email, and I will get back to you as soon as possible. Please check parent portal often.